Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Think I Got it!

Spent some more time on my vintage challenge project. Totally changed the color theme to reds/purples with a bright turquoise as a contrast. Also used some of my "made fabric" from the scrap bin that I cut into strips. You can find them as the small pieces of odd color that peaks out.  Adding black strips really works with this too. 

Simple strip pieced blocks but I think this will work.
Just getting started and will probably make about 4 more blocks before I start trimming and putting it together. This will be a wall hanging. Not sure the size yet because there is a lot of trimming to do. Looking at the picture some of the strips will need to be cut down. Narrow strips work the best.

One thing I discovered is that I really need more Kona cotton in a putty color. I really don't have a good selection of warn neutrals.

1 comment:

Karen S Musgrave said...

I do too! Keep working, keep adding. Hugs, Karen